Why I’m a Storyteller
An open door is an invitation. It says, “come on in, warm yourself by the fire, and share your story” just as it did for the wandering storytellers of the past. Storytellers would enter homes in the evening and spin yarns to entertain an entire community. These stories weren’t from the storyteller alone, no, they were collected over time from all people and places they’d visited.
See, a good storyteller listens to a tale once, finds its essence, crafts it into their own narrative, and in that retelling wows their audience with chosen words.
And that’s just what I do, as a copywriter. I listen to the dreams of creative entrepreneurs. I take notes, I research, I write, and in the end, I provide them with a story that resonates with their ideal client. I provide copy that connects.
Finding the right words for your website can be a challenge. Especially when you haven’t flexed those creative writing muscles in a while. But that’s why I’m here for. I offer copy that blends your business’s purpose and personality with targeted marketing, creative writing, and a touch of humor that will woo you the right audience.
Ready to connect with your ideal clients through fresh story-centered copy? Contact me and let’s get started!
Get to Know Me
- Nancy Drew and Leslie Knope are my role models. Why? They are both organized go-getter ladies with a whole lot of moxie. At the end of the day, if I can solve a mystery like Nancy while making someone laugh like Leslie, I’ve done my job.
- I grew up bilingual, switching between French at school and English at home. Now I’m a huge Francophile in that I really like baguettes and fromage. I even backpacked all around France for my honeymoon!
- I wrote my first novel at 13. It’s a full 400-page fantasy novel that will forever live in the back of a drawer. It’s there to remind myself I’ve always wanted to be a writer and it’s the fodder for the novel I’m currently working on.
- Along with my notebook, I carry at least three books in my purse at any given time. If you’re ever in the need of a book recommendation, ask me.
- I’m just a little obsessed with Irish literature and mythology. I studied abroad in Ireland (where Gerred proposed to me) and wrote my college thesis on “Stalking Cuchulain Through the Revival: The Mythic Spirit in Yeats’s Ireland.”
- For me, the best weekends are spent cuddling with my cat, Fergus, playing cooperative board games with friends, and dancing with my husband, Gerred, to a healthy mix of indie folk music (particularly The Decemberists).